The combination of lean bison, smoky bacon and a cremini & oyster blend made for a delicious, juicy burger, than topped with steak sauce ketchup and avocado mayo.
- 1# Ground Bison Meat
- 6 ounces thick sliced, Applewood smoked bacon lightly frozen for about 30 minutes
- 4 ounces stemmed, oyster mushrooms
- 4 ounces stemmed, crimini mushrooms
Steak Sauce Ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 6 dashes of hot sauce
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 ripe, medium to large sized avocados, (about 8 ounces a piece) halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Burger Patty: Add mushrooms to food processors and pulse in food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Remove bacon from freezer and slice thin into julienne pieces and then chop into smaller pieces. Combine bison, mushrooms and bacon in large bowl and gently mix by hand to combine thoroughly, taking care not to overmix.
- Form into patties of your desired size. Recipe makes 4-7 ounce plus patties or 6 nearly 5 ounce patties. Season on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and either grill or pan sear to your desired temperature.
- Steak Sauce Ketchup: Whisk together until combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Avocado “Mayo”: Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor bowl and combine thoroughly With the machine running, add the oil and blend for another minute until smooth. Add more oil if you think it’s necessary or want a thinner
- Serve on your favorite bun (toasted!) with steak sauce ketchup and avocado mayo (recipes below), shredded lettuce or whatever are your favorite toppings!