- This event has passed.
Webinar: Mushrooms Go Back to School
August 11 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mushrooms Go Back to School in K-12
Thursday, August 11th
3pm Eastern | 12pm Pacific
Thanks to their year-round availability and versatility, mushrooms are increasingly becoming a go-to ingredient for school meals. In this webinar featuring school nutrition expert and consultant to Mushrooms in Schools, Malissa Marsden, SNS, we will share an overview of the Back-to-School season as it relates to Pre-K and K-12 schools.
For the next two school years, Mushrooms in Schools is adding a new program: the Portable Portabella Burger promotion spotlights portabella mushrooms as an on-trend, vegetarian entrée for school menus.
This webinar will cover:
- How schools purchase mushrooms, and where we see it going in SY22-23.
- The increase in State mandated offering of vegetarian meals.
- New opportunities for mushrooms in childcare settings continue to increase introduction of fresh mushrooms to our youngest consumers.
- How an increased emphasis on local food and local purchases can help support your business.
- Which Mushrooms in Schools resources can be shared with customers to drive more mushroom purchases.
Do you have questions you would like to see answered during this webinar? Please email Cristie Mather, the webinar moderator, at email@example.com by Friday, August 5th.
Like all Mushroom Council webinars, this webinar will be recorded and posted on MushroomCouncil.org for on-demand viewing.